Poland - Centennial Hall in Wrocław

The Centennial Hall, a landmark in the history of reinforced concrete architecture, was erected in 1911-1913 by the architect Max Berg as a multi-purpose recreational building, situated in the Exhibition Grounds. In form it is a symmetrical quatrefoil with a vast circular central space that can seat some 6,000 persons. The 23m-high dome is topped with a lantern in steel and glass. The Centennial Hall is a pioneering work of modern engineering and architecture, which exhibits an important interchange of influences in the early 20th century, becoming a key reference in the later development of reinforced concrete structures.

Date of Inscription: 2006
further Informations: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1165
Centennial Hall in Wrocław

Japan x Other Countries RR #002 received from jogusia

BIG UNESCO RR #5 received from Sileasius 

Big Unesco RR #7 - jogusia

Centennial Hall in Wrocław
BIG Unesco RR #41 - Jogusia

No comments:

Post a Comment